With a passion for art history, design and fashion, and a soft spot for vintage fabrics, Paula hand makes each bag in ila's south Minneapolis studio.
Paula's design aesthetic was informed as much by her fashionable grandmother Ilaverne's amazing collection of bags, shoes and jewelry as by her six years as a Senior Visual Manager with retailer Anthropologie.
Paula has a Clothing Design degree from the University of Minnesota.
Creative/Art/Design Direction + Marketing
Brian brings over 14 years of branding and marketing experience to ila Handbags as an Creative/Art/Design Director. His past positions working for a creative lifestyle agency and a business-to-business marketing firm have helped shape his balanced thinking.
Brian brings a wide skill set to ila Handbags — handling photo art direction, product photography, writing, interactive design and brand identity.
- ila Hanbags is named after Paula’s eclectic, fashionable grandmother, Illavern (ila) Gregory,
- The company started late summer of 2010.
- Unable to attend her close friend‘s Paris wedding, Paula dusted off her sewing machine and made her first handbag in the spring of 2010.
- Our most popular bag, the Frenchie, was the first bag Paula made – getting its name from her friend's Paris, France wedding.
- Dresses provided by Flutter Boutique. wwww.flutterboutique.com
611 Grand Ave
St Paul, MN 55102
810 Lake Street East
Wayzata, MN 55391
1575 Boulder St
Denver, CO 80211
Emma's Shoes & Accessories
3904 HWY 22
Mandeville, La 70471
1515 Labelle Ave #3
Baltimore, MD 21204
nana & bird
Tiong Bahru Commons,
79 Chay Yan Street Unit 01-02
(entrance along Yong Siak Street)
73 Haji Lane, Singapore
nana & bird pop up
GOODS, No. 1417 Huai Hai Road
(M), near Fu Xing Road